Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's true what they say about the food.

It's good. All of it. Even the corner Thai place that everyone in your office goes to for lunch is awesome. I knew this, and I had serious concerns for my waistline. For the most part, they have been realized as I have not stopped eating since we got out of the car 5 days ago. Having said that, I have made an important discovery. You see, when the standards for cuisine are this high, everything is good. Meaning, it's not just the BBQ and fried chicken (God bless Oklahoma) that will bring you back with your mouth watering. I've had romano-crusted asparagus in lemon sauce, wok-seared curry tofu with hot crisp string beans, garlic pepper chicken breast on a bed of fresh shredded cabbage, taco salad with cilantro vinaigrette... I could go on. And I will. We will be closing on our loft tomorrow (we won't be harboring any nostalgia for the Westheimer Extended Stay) but will not have our "household goods" until January 3rd. So, other than cereal and whatever we can eat with paper plates and plasticware, we'll be exploring what Houston has to offer us in tasty, healthy food. Suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be very, very careful with all that wonderful food and yummy shakes! Can you post a picture of the outside of your condo? I'm curious about that! I avoided all the museums when I first moved to Denver because I was waiting for a "Rainy day." Ha! We're so spoiled here. Matt, I saw your parents at the airport in Chicago. Bummer, because I ended up stranded there for four days and could have used a place to stay. Love you,
Lori