Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Houston gives us a warning

Houston, Day 2. After a morning of fast moving clouds, and slow moving cars. Houston decided to let me know what I was in for.

I had been out scoping a new office, when it started to rain. And I mean really rain. I've been through storms before. I lived in Colorado, we have rain so hard you can't see the end of the driveway. But only for 10 minutes. It started raining like that, then it didn't stop. 5 hours later it started to slow down. I don't know why I think the rain was so amazing. It was my first monsoon. Ok, mini monsoon.

But afterwards there was an explosion of sound coming from a tree right besides the street light that shines in the window if we don't carefully close the drapes. I can only describe it as a murder of crows, held up in the tree talking. It wasn't really crows. But a murder of chickadees just doesn't have the same ring. And they were so anxious, they could have only been discussing a murder. Or a really good seed. How do I know what they talk about?

But the rain was pretty cool. At least the first time. I imagine after a few months of rain it's going to get old.

2 comments:

meagan said...

I am, apparently, your first comment ever on this blog. And you didn't even tell me about it. I had to hear about it from my mom! Oh, and in reference to the email you sent her, "blog" is definitely a verb! It's a noun and a verb and an adjective all in one that is why it is such a great word.

See ya.

love meagan (iverson)

J.R. said...

Nice "Blogging." Although, Matt you need to work on your spelling, or just proof read your typing. So you might have gotten five hours of monsoon rain, but you missed the 24 hours and two feet of blizzard snow here. I'd take the rain. My Mini is SO burried it might be Christmas before I can drive it again. Take care and Merry Christmas!

Love J.R.