Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"Honey, where did you put... everything?"

I'd like to believe I'm not a materialistic person. We probably all would. But dammit, life is just better with a mattress and your own real pillow. Another week at least until our stuff gets here. Man, will our bed seem like heaven after almost 3 solid weeks on an aerobed. Anyway, thanks JR and Lori and Megan for posting and wishing us well! I must say the toughest part so far has definitely been having all of this empty time and space without friends or family (Need I mention over Christmas?). I work with great people and am lucky to have an amazing husband, but I'm really missing all of you guys ("all y'all" as it were). Matt was right, it will really hit us one evening soon when all we want to do is walk down to JR's for a drink. Somehow I think putting Bella on the bar to visit the people might be, um... frowned upon. Yeah and I miss her too. Little puddles and and all. We bought a little disposable digital camera when we first got here and have a few more pics to take, then we will post bunches. Love you and miss you all!!

2 comments:

meagan said...

Hello! That'd be MeAgan, but that's okay--Dani and I have only met once and that was at your wedding!

I'm looking forward to pictures! Especially pictures of Bella. Oh, and, since you mentioned it, if Mackie can be a regular on the bar, sure Bella can too :-) Check out his myspace to see a picture of him at my favorite place! myspace.com/mackiedoodledog.

We missed you guys tons at Christmas.

love meagan

Unknown said...

Hi from Houston. This is Josh, we met at Tim & Marta's wedding. Barb mentioned you guys moved down here.

Drop me a line if you get a chance, maybe we can get together some time. jlegacy(at)surrealmirage(dot)com