Monday, August 20, 2007

The best free stuff on the internet.

I have been wandering around the internet more than usual lately. I through I would share the best stuff that I have come across in no particular order.

1. Pandora Radio: www.pandora.com
This is the radio station for the music genome project. Enter a song, or artist and it creates a station for you. I know lots of different places do this for you, but here it actually works. I've taking to using it while I study. It's a great way to discover new music.

2. Farecast: www.farecast.com
These guys will tell you when the best airfare prices are there, and why. And when to book your ticket. No more guessing games.
"Farecast utilizes over a billion airfares on a daily basis to bring you airfare predictions, and now we're using that data to uncover cheap airline tickets. We can find you cheap flights between cities, and unlike other sites, we explain why these are great airfare deals based on science, not marketing."

3. Keywallet: www.keywallet.com
Everyone has logons and passwords, for sites all over the internet. Here's a great tool to keep them organized. It's free, encrypted, and you can drag and drop from the wallet to a logon screen. It's one of those tools that I didn't know if I would use, and now I can't live without.

4. OpenOffice: www.openoffice.org
Let's see, the latest office product from Microsoft is going for $399. That's an awful lot to pay for some home use. What if there was a way to get a program that could view / edit / open all office programs, but it didn't cost as much? Better yet, what if it was free! Well OpenOffice is, and it can. Plus it's smaller, cleaner, and faster for those of us who don't need to put everything into tables.

5. foxit reader: www.foxitsoftware.com
Love PDF documents. Hate the fact that Acrobat! takes 5 minutes to open. Foxit will open faster than any program you own. It's great.

6. Media Monkey: www.mediamonkey.com
The internet is awash with music players. This one is free, and it's got a great library function for all your MP3s. (legal or otherwise) Plus it can load directly to your MP3 player.

That's enough for now. I'll keep looking and tell you if I find anything else out there that very cool.

cheers

matt

No comments: