Sunday, December 17, 2006

First Day

My hair did NOT look like this when we left Denver!! It's the end of our first full day here, and I'm excited and nervous to get up and go to work tomorrow morning. Thankfully, it's still a little surreal and hard to imagine so my worries are not clear enough to bother me yet. Having started a couple of new jobs in the last couple of years, I can say with some authority... I hate this part. If I had a time machine with a limited number of uses (maybe like 10, but not if I only had 2 or 3); it would be worth it to spend one to get past all of the initial awkwardness and get to working and relating in this new capacity. It's easy to compare jobs to relationships but hard to apply the same skills. If this were just getting to know someone, a sizeable glass of wine over a good dinner could provide me with a jump-start, but at work, I have to rely on my own skills under the fluorescent lights. Here goes...

No comments: